True African Art .com
News & Updates
You can also find our latest updates
on our Facebook Page. "Like" Us!
This Page is an archive of our older news. Go to our "Welcome Page" to read our very latest news from The Holidays, 2014. There you can also learn more about our African artists and website!
Autumn, 2014 News:
- We have dozens of NEW, beautiful, & original paintings from Africa for sale on our New Paintings Page. Look for the artist name in the artwork's description and find them in our "Paintings for Sale" Artist navigation. Our very latest paintings include additions to Kimbo's Batiks Page, the South African Greeting Cards Page, South African, Kowie Theron, and our latest artist from Ghana, Peter Boateng.
- We have provided new African painting images for our Home Page Slideshow!
- We are steady on Facebook with over 350,000 members as of late November! "Like" our Page tor all kinds of photos of Africa, our paintings, plus exclusive news, sales, and special previews. "Like" us today!
Spring, 2014 News:
- We have a new Home Page Slideshow that opens up the site when you first arrive. We also have a secondary Home Page labled "Welcome" that summarizes who we are and what we do.
- Our New "Make an Offer" Feature is for higher end paintings. Previously, an Inquire button had you e-mail us for the prices. Now, the website has the price appearing along with the Make an Offer button. You can range your offer based on the suggested price.
- Art critics have called Ephrem Kouakou "The African Picasso". We have new original paintings by this spectacular Ivory Coast African artist, who has works in permanent collections of The Metropolitan Museum, New York and The Smithsonian National Museum of African Art in Washington D.C. This is the African artist's Info Page & here is his African Paintings for Sale Page. Ephrem has set his own pricing on his artwork. Read his list of his collectors, museums, & exhibitions here.
- Enam Bosokah, an African artist from Ghana, joins our ranks with his only painting tool, a pen. He makes stunning, detailed portraits from it. Enam's Info Page can be read here.
- Three new paintings by Ghanaian artist Ti Jay!
January, 2014 News:
- We have over 100 newly acquired artworks and Blue Rhino Maps You can see examples of them here on the Home Page or go to our "New Paintings" link under the "Paintings for Sale" menu label.
- We have new categories in our Navigation! Click the "Paintings for Sale" menu at the top of each page to browse African paintings by art category. Searching by "Artist Name" is still useful if you an artist's work in one category and want to browse their whole collection.
Winter, 2013 News:
- We are now in partnership with most of our African artists to sell prints of their best artworks from this website onto Fine Art America .com There you can order quality prints of sold out and available African paintings, choose the size of the print you want, & even pick out your own frame and matting. Click the link here or go to their website and search for "True African Art." We currently have about 150 prints for sale there from our originals. In the months to come, we will continue to select and add to Fine Art America the best from our collection. Enjoy!
- See December's Newsletter here! Subscribe to future newsletters at the footer of any our webpages.
- Gathinja's enchanting paintings have inspired the creation of the character and children's book, "Hello Zuri" by Nancy Hahn, Owner and Founder of RainForest Books. "Hello Zuri" features Gathinja's endearing, evocative artwork and Hahn's poetic prose on every page as the young reader goes on the journey of self discovery through beauty and diversity.
September 2013 News:
- From January through September, 2013 we've posted just over 335 NEW paintings from Africa! As of January, 2014, many of these have already sold. To see our latest painitngs still available, see our "New Paintings" Page under our "Paintings for Sale" menu.
Spring, 2013 News:
Want to receive notices when we add new paintings? How about for special sales or major updates to our site? Now you can! At the
Beloved friend and one of our
African Artists, Sarah Shiundu,
passed away on March 8, 2013.
- Unfortunate News from Nairobi: One of our beloved friends & artist Sarah Shiundu, died on March 8, 2013 in Nairobi hospital after a long illness. We will miss Sarah's joy & laughter tremendously as she brightened & added happiness to our lives. For those of you who have purchased her artwork, please treasure it & pass it on to your future generations with Sarah's information, video interview, and pictures.To view Sarah's remaining African artworks, please see her Store Page.
- We have a new logo on the Home Page! An original African painting by watercolor artist Joseph Thiongo, we Photoshopped the image to make a beautiful, happy, and bright new logo.